In this session, the speakers will discuss how MRT differs from external beam radiotherapy in terms of its radiobiology and consider the clinical implications of this. The session will also explore current preclinical research in this field and how it might translate into improving clinical practice.
- Dr Samantha Terry – King’s College London
- Professor Jon Wadsley – Weston Park Hospital (Introduction)
- Professor Katherine Vallis – Oxford University and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (What is different about MRT radiobiology? A clinical perspective)
- Professor Marie Boyd – University of Strathclyde (State of preclinical radiobiology in MRT)
Sessions in the series:
- 3 June 2021 – Access to novel radiopharmaceuticals in the UK (recording available)
- 8 July 2021 – What is possible with dosimetry and why is it necessary? (available to book)
- 16 September 2021 – Radiobiology of molecular radiotherapy (available to book)
- Date TBC – Radiochemistry/radiopharmacy for clinical trials of molecular radiotherapies
- Date TBC – Trial methodology and health economic considerations
- Date TBC – Routes to funding MRT research
- Date TBC – MRT trial proposals guidance workshop
Who should attend?
Clinicians, physicists, radiopharmacists, radiochemists, radiobiologists, technologists and researchers with an interest in molecular radiotherapy.