In this session, delegates will learn about an exciting potential new development to enhance the supply of medical isotopes within the UK. There will be discussions on how to take the best advantage of this to research and explore possible clinical applications of novel isotopes.
- Dr Jennifer Young – King’s College London
- Professor Jon Wadsley – Weston Park Hospital (Introduction)
- Dr Luci Gleeson – Welsh Government Office for Science (Potential for a UK supply of medical isotopes)
- Dr Jane Sosabowski – Barts Cancer Institute (Potential applications of novel isotopes in MRT)
Sessions in the series:
- 3 June 2021 – Access to novel radiopharmaceuticals in the UK (available to book)
- 8 July 2021 – What is possible with dosimetry and why is it necessary? (available to book)
- 16 September 2021 – Radiobiology of molecular radiotherapy
- Date TBC – Radiochemistry/radiopharmacy for clinical trials of molecular radiotherapies
- Date TBC – Trial methodology and health economic considerations
- Date TBC – Routes to funding MRT research
- Date TBC – MRT trial proposals guidance workshop
Who should attend?
Clinicians, physicists, radiopharmacists, radiochemists, radiobiologists, technologists and researchers with an interest in molecular radiotherapy.