This session will focus on designing and delivering trials in molecular radiotherapy including selecting relevant and deliverable primary endpoints. Hear about this topic from those involved in delivering MRT clinical trials and from a Public Health and Commissioning expert. Speakers will also examine the importance of building in health economic considerations to demonstrate the cost-effectiveness of these therapies and optimising their use, for example by using more detailed dosimetry.
- Dr Kate Garcez – The Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Jon Wadsley – Weston Park Hospital (Introduction)
- Ms Gemma Ainsworth – University of Leeds (A review of methodology for Molecular Radiotherapy trials)
- Dr Mark Lambert – NHS England and NHS Improvement (Demonstrating value in molecular radiotherapy trials)
Sessions in the series:
- ON-DEMAND – Access to novel radiopharmaceuticals in the UK
- ON-DEMAND – What is possible with dosimetry and why is it necessary?
- ON-DEMAND – Radiobiology of molecular radiotherapy
- ON-DEMAND – Radiochemistry/radiopharmacy for clinical trials of molecular radiotherapies
- 4 November 2021 – Trial methodology and health economic considerations (available to book)
- 2 December 2021 – Routes to funding MRT research (opening soon)
- 27 January 2022 – MRT trial proposals guidance workshop (opening soon)
Who should attend?
Clinicians, physicists, radiopharmacists, radiochemists, radiobiologists, technologists and researchers with an interest in molecular radiotherapy.