This event was recorded on 26 February 2021.
What’s your vision for the future of cancer therapy? What advances lie “Beyond the Horizon” that we should pursue now?
This one-day virtual event aims to address current and future challenges in the discovery and development of innovative drugs for cancer treatment. Delegates will hear from eminent speakers in a series of panel discussions where specific topics will be addressed. By the end of the day, delegates will have learnt more about what we need to know and do now in order to prepare for the future, how we can work together to achieve greater innovation and impact and the case for change in certain areas of research.
- Professor Paul Workman – The Institute of Cancer Research, UK
- Dr Olivia Rossanese – The Institute of Cancer Research, UK
- Dr Tim Humphrey – University of Oxford, UK
- Dr Susan Galbraith – AstraZeneca, UK
- Professor Chas Bountra – University of Oxford, UK
- Professor Michelle Garrett – University of Kent, UK
- Dr Ian Dunham – Open Targets, UK
- Dr Stuart Farrow – Therapeutic Discovery Labs, UK
- Ms Caroline Richardson – Astex Pharmaceuticals, UK
- Dr Mathew Garnett – Sanger Institute, UK
- Professor Jos Jonkers – Netherlands Cancer Institute, NL
- Professor Gerard Evan – University of Cambridge, UK
- Professor Patricia LoRusso – Yale School of Medicine, US
- Professor Andrew Biankin – University of Glasgow, UK
- Professor Fabrice André – Institut Gustave Roussy, FR
- Professor William Sellers – Broad Institute, US
- Professor Ruth Plummer – Newcastle University, UK
- Professor Richard Sullivan – King’s College London, UK
- Professor Nicola Valeri – Imperial College London and The Institute of Cancer Research, UK
- Dr Ian Campbell – LifeArc, UK
5 category 1 (external) CPD for this session has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians. CPD Certificates will be sent to delegates automatically up to 10 days after the event date.
Who should attend?
Investigators and other professionals operating in cancer drug discovery, early career researchers and students interested in this area of research, and Consumer/patient experts.