After carefully evaluating the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 NCRI Cancer Conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 November in Belfast, UK. The next face-to-face Conference will take place in Manchester, as initially planned, from 7-9 November 2021.
To ensure you stay connected with what’s happening in the cancer research landscape during this time, our team have created a series of virtual events. Check out our new weekly webinar series.Virtual Events Programme
By submitting you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your data to over 1,500 delegates
- Receive feedback from your peers
- Ensure your work is accessible to the international cancer research community
- Be considered for an oral presentation
- Win prestigious awards
- Have the opportunity to feature in an abstract supplement of the British Journal of Cancer
- Be in with the chance of featuring in a press release as part of our media programme
Please refer to our guidelines below for more information.
Download our tips on writing a good abstract
|Late-breaking abstract submission||TBC||TBC|
|Registration deadline for presenters||TBC|
|E-poster submission deadline||TBC|
- To showcase your research and receive feedback from your peers
- To ensure your work is accessible to the UK and international research community
- To be considered for an oral presentation in dedicated proffered paper sessions and on the main programme
- To win prestigious research prizes and awards
- To gain recognition from your peers; all abstracts are citable and will be published on the Conference website
- As author of an accepted abstract, you’ll be able to present your work as an e-poster, with dedicated viewing stations onsite and all e-posters available through the Conference App
- Full contact details of the main author and title, name, surname, organisation, city, country and email address of all co-authors (omit department names, divisions, institutes, etc.)
- Any disclosures including research funding and conflicts of interest of any listed authors
- Confirmation that the research undertaken was approved by an appropriate ethics committee or review board and that, if appropriate, informed consent was obtained for all subjects
- For abstracts that have been published before, Rightslink-generated permissions to re-use the abstract
- Permission from all co-authors to submit the abstract
- Cancer discovery/underpinning research
- Early detection, diagnosis and prognosis
- Cancer control, living with and beyond and cancer outcomes
You will also be asked to identify up to two keywords and a site for site-specific research.
Your abstract will have four main sections: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions and must be no more than 300 words long. Tables can be included and any contents do count towards the word limit. References and citations to previously published work should be avoided.
The NCRI Cancer Conference is accepting abstract submissions from Trials in Progress. The Conference will provide an opportunity for researchers to present ongoing trials and receive feedback from peers whilst also providing opportunities for collaboration and useful discussion. We recognise that Trials in Progress are ongoing projects and might have not reached definite results by the time of submission so it is acceptable to only include background and methods in any such submissions. When reviewing them, the Scientific Committee will pay particular attention to the trial design, the strength of the science being submitted, the potential for collaboration and their relevance to the Conference topics.
- Clinical Trials Showcase
- Proffered paper sessions
Selected presenters will also have the opportunity to present their work on a printed poster (by booking a poster board on a specific day only) and orally by booking an oral presentation slot in one of the silent theatres in the Exhibition Hall (further information on this will be provided if your abstract is successful).
All posters will be presented electronically at the 2020 NCRI Cancer Conference.
Presenters will have the opportunity to bring along a printed copy of their e-poster which will be displayed in the Exhibition Hall during one of three sessions. Printed posters must fit the poster board area which is 2m x 1m (portrait). We advise that your poster size is A0 portrait. Landscape posters cannot be accommodated. If you want to prepare a handout for participants with a summary of your poster or a link to your e-poster, this must be no larger than A5 to fit in the document holder that will be provided on poster boards. Handouts placed on the floor will be removed for health and safety reasons. Please note: poster boards will only be allocated to those who specify that they will be bringing a paper copy when submitting their e-poster.
Oral presentations in the Exhibition Hall
Presenters will have the opportunity to present their e-poster orally and reserve a 6-minute slot in a dedicated silent theatre. A silent theatre is an informal presentation area within the Exhibition Hall where people can hear the presenter through headphones.
A link to access the e-poster template and to book poster presentation and silent theatre slots will be sent to all accepted presenters.
An e-poster or electronic poster utilises a monitor and computer to display an electronic version of a poster. Accepted presenters will be sent a link where they will be able to download a template to create their e-poster. The template can be amended as necessary (colours, font type and background can be changed) and images, charts and logos added as necessary (no animations or videos). We recommend font size is between 6-10 points as e-posters will be displayed on touch screens with zooming functionality. E-posters offer an opportunity to convey information more effectively and are also fully searchable, allowing delegates to find studies they are interested in more easily. All e-posters will also be available on the Conference App.
Browse and search all abstracts
If you have any questions please contact the Conference & Events Team on: email@example.com