Are you actively working in cancer research? Could you help us produce an innovative and exciting programme for our next NCRI Cancer Conference? Find out more about the Scientific Committee’s roles and responsibilities, eligibility and how to apply.
The Scientific Committee is split into four sub-committees, we currently have the following vacancies to fill:
- Three roles in cancer control/ underpinning research
- One role in cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis and prognosis
- Two roles in treatment
- Four roles in cancer control, living with and beyond and cancer outcomes
We are especially keen to hear from candidates with the following areas of expertise, however if you think you could contribute in any other way, please do get in touch.
- Drug discovery
- Behavioural science and nutrition research
- Paediatric oncology
- Teenage and young adult research
- Geriatric oncology
- Policy research
- Pain management
- Acute oncology
- Psychosocial oncology
- Palliative and supportive care
- Other professionals working in Living with and beyond cancer research
- Site specific areas: brain, upper GI, gynaecological cancers, rare cancers
Trainees and junior investigators are encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply is Sunday 5th August and applications will be reviewed on subsequent weeks. Positions will be allocated as soon as possible before the 2018 Conference. Successful applicants will be expected to attend the 2018 Conference in Glasgow on 4-6 November and dates of future committee meetings will be shared in due course.
To apply please fill in the short application form, it should take you no longer that 10 minutes to complete. If you have any questions or you would like to discuss your application informally before applying, please contact us at email@example.com